Permission and Expectations for Participating in the Music Performances of the International Festival at Forest Park Elementary – Friday, January 31st at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
All Forest Park students are invited to participate in the music performances of the International Festival, which will happen in the gymnasium from 6 – 8 PM. I will be running the sound that night and will not be able to manage students like I would in a classroom situation. The children will be managed by parent volunteers who will guide them from the music room to the performance area in the gymnasium. Therefore, both students and parents need to commit to some guidelines in order for the students to participate effectively:
- Everyone should leave and enter the gymnasium quietly. Performances and videos will be occurring continually from 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
- Children will not be allowed in the gym unless accompanied by an adult.
- Students will be prepared to perform by reviewing the songs at: forestparkmusic.blog
- Student participants must conform to performance expectations as outlined in class, which are adapted to this event as follows: a) Follow the directions of the adults through all transitions quietly and safely. b) Keep eyes on the director (me) throughout the performance for important cues. c) Keep hands, feet, objects, etc. to yourself. d) Perform with your best effort. e) Support only the appropriate behavior of others during the performance and the transitions.
- Any “clowning around” during the song or event is distracting and appears disrespectful to the music and other performers and will not be allowed.
The participating students will come to the music room according to the following schedule and will follow the directions of parent volunteers who will bring them to the gymnasium for their performances. After each performance the students may join their parents in the gymnasium and leave to enjoy other parts of the festival or stay to watch another video or performance.
|6:00||Kindergarteners arrive.||Video Showing of Interview about Vietnam with Vinh Tran|
|6:10||Kindergarteners sing and dance Trống Cơm.|
|6:15||Kindergarteners join parents.|
|6:20||First Graders arrive.||Video of Iranian Art and Persian Classical Music|
|6:30||First Graders sing Hamoomie|
|6:35||First Graders return to their parents.|
|6:40||Second Graders arrive.||Video Showing of Interview about Brasil with |
|6:50||Second Graders sing Vou Te Contar and Cidade Miravilhosa|
|6:55||Second Graders join parents.|
|7:00||Third Graders arrive.||Video Showing of Interview about Mexico with |
|7:10||Third Graders sing/play (on recorder) Cielito Lindo and La Llorona.|
|7:15||Third Graders return to their parents.|
|7:20||Fourth Graders arrive.||Video Showing of Interview about Slovakia with |
|7:30||Fourth Graders play Theme from Dvorak’s New |
World Symphony (on recorder) and sing Hej
|7:35||Fourth Graders join parents.|
|7:40||Fifth Graders arrive.||Video Showing of Interview about Kenya with |
|7:50||Fifth Graders sing/play Jambo Bwana and |
|7:55||Fifth Graders help stack chairs and return to their parents.|
Keep the first two pages and return the signatures below to Dr. Bob.
By signing below, I am committing to the expectations as stated above:
Student’s Signature ____________________________________
Parent’s Signature _____________________________________